Edmonton, Alberta’s capital city is perfectly positioned to help make your film project a success. Located in the northern part of our province and with a metro population of more than one million residents, we’re a unique city that offers a variety of cultural and entertainment opportunities with abundant accommodations to match.
The Cultural Capital of Canada since 2007, Edmonton lives and breathes the arts. Featuring the iconic Art Gallery of Alberta, the Citadel Theatre, the world-renowned Francis Winspear Centre for Music and Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, the beauty of our city is at your service.
To obtain a film permit for the City of Edmonton please contact:
Natalie Szekely, City of Edmonton
Connect with us online:
- More live theatres per capita than any other Canadian city
- The largest urban parkland in North America, situated in our core (22x the size of Central Park, NYC)
- Over 17 hours of summer daylight, and extended ‘magic hours’ in the winter months
- Access to the rocky mountains and other natural wonders in our backyard
- More than 30 major festivals each year
- Non-stop flights from more than 50 locations departing our international airport daily
Picture your project in Edmonton