Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba seeks IPO on Wall Street
- A mix of Amazon, eBay, PayPal and Google from China is looking to raise US $15 billion on Wall Street through IPO.
Twitter CEO makes First China Visit
- Dick Costolo, CEO of Twitter – which has been blocked by Chinese censors since 2009, arrived in Shanghai today, planning to meet with Shanghai government officials, students and academics.
Michelle Obama Headed to China
- Not only the CEO of Twitter is heading to China, U.S’s First Lady, Michelle Obama, will be taking her first solo trip to China visiting the legendary terracotta warriors in Xi’an and visiting schools in Beijing and Chengdu.
First lady Michelle Obama and President Obama meet with China’s then-President Hu Jintao in 2011. (Jewel Samad/AFP/Getty Images)
Farmers, urbanization and China
- The Chinese Central Government has announced plan to spend US $162 billion to integrate 100 million farmers who are already living in cities but currently denied basic services plus another 100 million more farmers moving from rural area to major cities by 2020.
- According to Bloomberg, Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov sold shares in Apple and Facebook and bought into Technology Company who is planning the biggest IPO on Wall Street this year, Alibaba.